[Request] Rally Module

If you have created a 3rd party module you'd like other people to use, post it here
Traderjill
antispam: Rimor

[Request] Rally Module

Postby Traderjill » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 pm

If such a module already exists then I apologize as I am looking over it.

I'd like to be able to set a rally point in the bot for both PvP and PvM purposes.

The 3 commands I think would be needed:
!rally add 'playfield' 'x' 'y' 'Description'
!rally clear
!rally (to show the rally information)

It would also be nice if you could enable/disable this being spammed when someone joined the private channel as well.

Anyone have anything that does this?
Tyrence

Re: [Request] Rally Module

Postby Tyrence » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

I thought I replied to your post, but I guess I didn't.

Anyway, in Warbot, which is the Omni pvp bot I wrote for RK2, it has the ability to set a rally. I will see what it will take to integrate it into the main Budabot release.

The closest command right now is !waypoint. And as a temporary workaround, you would use aliases to get close:

// to set the rally (i believe u can use 0 for the playfield to indicate the current playfield)
!addalias rally waypoint 'x' 'y' 'playfield'

// to see the rally
!rally

// to clear the rally
!remalias rally waypoint 'x' 'y' 'playfield' (in Budabot 2.3)
!remalias rally (in Budabot 3.0)

Unfortunately to remove the alias you have to specify the command that it is aliasing exactly as it was typed. This is a design failure on my part that will be fixed in the next release.

Edit: also note that 'playfield' can either be the playfield id, or the abbreviation for the playfield.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Arguru
The Team
antispam: Rimor

Postby Arguru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Tyrence wrote:Anyway, in Warbot, which is the Omni pvp bot I wrote for RK2, it has the ability to set a rally. I will see what it will take to integrate it into the main Budabot release.

Not that much, considering I already rewrote Warbot modules to be compatible with 2.3 a while back. I'll upload 'em to svn soon(tm). :p
Rigger Faxing "Argufix" Berlin | 187/21/35 Omni Male Opifex Fixer <-- Screw S10, on the way to 220!
I "Argutrai" Remember | 15/2/3 Omni Male Atrox Trader <-- TL1 tower twink in progress.
Everything "Arguageii" Before | 6/2/0 Omni Male Opifex Agent <-- TL2 tower twink in progress.

Communications General of Pack of Noobs
Noobnet Administrator | Budabot Developer | Twinkbot Raidleader | Warcouncil Representative
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok awesome. In Warbot tho, !rally is tangled with !topic, and I think we might wanna separate those.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
bitnykk

Postby bitnykk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Joined here's a list of 59 usefull places on both RK & SL, adapted for Budabot !waypoint command. Enjoy !

PS : couldn't add it in doc directly so i rared it.
Attachments
RK-SL-budabot.rar
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
equi
antispam: rimor

Postby equi » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

i extended the modul in my warmodul with a rally db where rallypoints are saved into db (with comments etc if desired) and can be searched etc.
From the list you can simply by click set it as actual rally point and there was also a rally list for the raid with the import ones, because there was only able to add one main rally point.
Something like that would be nice ^.^

Return to “Modules”