Online list bug

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
eli
antispam: Rimor

Online list bug

Postby eli » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 pm

It seems there is an issue with the online list, if the current list of online players hits 38ish or more players. Because of the size of the online-list-blob, the bot paginates the list, but the 1st page of the online list doesn't get through to the chat. I suspect it's the blob size of page 1 that exceeds the limit of bytes allowed to send in org chat, as looking at the log it shows both link-pages as sent to chat.

It isn't before the list reaches the 38ish player mark (I'm not actually sure about the actual number of online players needed for this to happen), but if e.g. 30-35 players are online, the list is paginated, but with no issue (first page is shown in chat).

I'll look at it myself, but maybe there is someone who already fixed this and sees this post, or someone who knows from the top of their head how to fix it.

EDIT:
After some testing, it seems to happen around 36 players online.

I tried to look at the size of the pages, and page 1 seemed to be roughly 7.3k characters when 32 were online, and 7.4k when 39 were online, while the trailing page was 300-500 characters long.
Tyrence

Re: Online list bug

Postby Tyrence » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:28 pm

The size of the blob that we can send to org chat depends on the number of players in the org chat. And they did this because before they had a buffer overflow when sending large messages to a large number of people. It's beyond stupid. But it's Funcom.

To fix this, you have to reduce the size of the blob messages. By default it's 7500, or maybe 6000. In any case, there is a setting in the bot that can lower the blob size, so the paging will happen sooner, but at least you will get both pages.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
eli

Postby eli » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Ah yes, of course, forgot about that setting. I'm too tired to log 15 players myself now, so it'll have to wait 'till tomorrow when more are online, and I'll then do some testing to see if it will fix the issue.

I'll report back with the result when I know more.

And true, stupid and Funcom goes hand-in-hand quite often. ^_^
eli

Postby eli » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Update as promised:

As expected, it fixed the issue with the first page not showing. Using 6k buffer limit atm, and page 1 is now distributed in org chat correctly, even with 46 online.

Forgot to thank you for the quick respond, Tyrence. :-)
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Glad to hear it worked. :)
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
eli

Postby eli » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Forgot to ask you a question, actually. Offtopic, but thought it would be too much to create an entire thread for it.

Is there a way for @Events to be off by default? I couldn't find any samples of it in the code.
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Yes, take a look here: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/blob ... #L260-L264

@DefaultStatus("0") means default to off
eli

Postby eli » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Cool, thanks! :-)

Return to “General”