Budabot 3.0 Alts not recognized

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
Rednekk
antispam: Rimor

Budabot 3.0 Alts not recognized

Postby Rednekk » Tue May 06, 2014 6:52 am

I am running Buda 3.0 (uninstalled and removed everything from previous version, installed new fresh copy of 3.0 from Buda) and the bot is not recognizing all the alts of the Org and Guest members. When I do a !alts and get the list, about 1/2 of them have "No Status" on the bot. Any suggestions?
Tyrence

Re: Budabot 3.0 Alts not recognized

Postby Tyrence » Tue May 06, 2014 9:03 pm

The bot doesn't track online status for alts specifically, so "No status" just means that the bot doesn't know if the alt is offline or online.

The bot does track online status for admins, guests, and org members, so if the alt is one of those, then the bot will know the online status and display it. So if alts that are either admins, guests, or org members are showing up as "No status", then there is a problem. Otherwise the bot is working as intended.

The reason it does not track online status for alts is because all characters in AO (including bots) have a 1000 friendlist limit and we didn't feel it was worth taking up friendlist slots for the sole purpose of showing online status for alts.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Snakebite
Site Admin

Postby Snakebite » Wed May 07, 2014 5:18 am

Yes, in a very small Org this probably wouldn't be a problem, but in medium and large orgs you don't want everyone and their dog being tracked by the bot.
It's very easy to overload the bots friends list.

Or another, simpler, way of putting it, if they're not actually IN the org, they're not the bots problem... :mrgreen:
Sincerlee

Postby Sincerlee » Wed May 14, 2014 12:18 pm

And how does v3.0 deals with orgs with more than 1.000 members?
Tried to read me up on that subject but I didn't find anything :)
There is no place like ::1
Snakebite
Site Admin

Postby Snakebite » Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm not a techie, so this may not sound right, but basically, as I understand it...

You run more than one bot, but only one is 'active' and uses the others as a sort of database for characters.

I'm sure one of our techie guys will explain it properly lol.
Captank

Postby Captank » Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Its simple, one bot can not ;)

But ofc, there is a way.

- First of all u need Java installed on your host system.
- Then you download aochatproxy from https://code.google.com/p/budabot2/downloads/list
- After that extract the archive
- Edit the containing chatbot.properties file like this:

proxyPortNumber=9993
serverAddress=chat.d1.funcom.com
serverPortNumber=7105

bot1_username=MyAccountName
bot1_password=MyIncrediblePassword
bot1_characterName=Blabot

bot2_username=MyAccountName
bot2_password=MyIncrediblePassword
bot2_characterName=Proxybot

(This would be for the live server)

bot1 is the master bot like Snakebite mentioned.
bot2 will be the proxy bot, its only job is to care about friends.

- After that is done set up a clean new bot, SQLite is okay.
- now you have to edit the config files of the bots:
but before doing that, make a backup of them ;)
$vars['use_proxy'] = 0;
$vars['proxy_server'] = "127.0.0.1";
$vars['proxy_port'] = 9993;

Both config files have something like that close to the end of the file ... use_proxy must be set to 1, proxy_port must be the port from proxyPortNumber value from the chatbot.properties file
- the start process is now different:
first you have to start the aochatproxy, there is a start batch file and a sh script to do that, once thats up start the master bot as usual (bot1) and then the slave bot (bot2)

That should be it ;)

cap
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Wed May 14, 2014 6:47 pm

One change from what Captank posted...you don't need a Budabot installation for the slave bots, only the master bot. The slave bots are completely managed by the AOChatProxy.

How it works:
The AOChatProxy runs on your system as a little program. Setting 'use_proxy' to 1 in the Budabot config tells Budabot to connect to the AOChatProxy instead of AO. The AOChatProxy will make multiple connections to AO (one connection per bot defined in the config). The AOChatProxy will forward packets between Budabot and the AO servers via Bot1 (mainbot) in the config. The one exception is Buddy packets. It will intercept those and load balance those across the main bot and all the slaves, effectively giving you a larger available buddy list (based on how many slaves you set up).

I've actually been working on the AOChatProxy the last couple weeks to make it less complicated to set up, and also to allow multiple bots to take advantage of the proxy, but the new version is not quite ready.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Sincerlee

Postby Sincerlee » Thu May 15, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks a lot!
You guys rock :)
There is no place like ::1
Snakebite
Site Admin

Postby Snakebite » Thu May 15, 2014 10:39 am

Yeah... What they said! :mrgreen:
Captank

Postby Captank » Thu May 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Btw, as it seems I'm not a "techie" either... Working currently on a service system that is completly plugin base (so you could for examaple implement some ao chat bot)... After 10 months I realized a design error and all code is junk >.<

That was 4 month ago... Now I have learned python and am implementing it there, the very core is already in alpha stage ... testing the system while implementing a lil cute irc bot :3

So long story short: I messed up 10 month of work ^^

cap

PS: Rocks r just damn old potatos O: (I like potatos, vodka's base is potatos, and I like vodkam, and I'm drunk currently! :D)

Return to “General”