AO Chat Proxy Setup for orgs with 1K+ members

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
Tyrence

AO Chat Proxy Setup for orgs with 1K+ members

Postby Tyrence » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 pm

This was taken from this post by Captank with a few changes: viewtopic.php?p=4836#p4836

- First of all u need Java installed on your host system.
- Then you download aochatproxy from https://code.google.com/p/budabot2/downloads/list
- After that extract the archive
- Edit the containing chatbot.properties file like this:

proxyPortNumber=9993
serverAddress=chat.d1.funcom.com
serverPortNumber=7105

bot1_username=MyAccountName
bot1_password=MyIncrediblePassword
bot1_characterName=Blabot

bot2_username=MyAccountName
bot2_password=MyIncrediblePassword
bot2_characterName=Proxybot

(This would be for the live server)

Note that if you are one of the few orgs that have more than 2K members, you will need two proxy bots in addition to the master bot (for a total of 3 bots in the AO Chat Proxy config).

bot1 is the master bot like Snakebite mentioned. If you are running Budabot as an org bot, this would be your org bot info.
bot2 will be the proxy bot, its only job is to care about friends. It does not need to be in the org and in fact it's better if it is not. You may need to roll a new char if you do not have one you can use. Faction and level do not matter.

You will now need to edit the Budabot config. Note that even tho you are setting up multiple bots with AO Chat Proxy, you will only set up one Budabot (the master bot).
Find this line in your config file (./conf/config.php):
$vars['use_proxy'] = 0;

Change to this:
$vars['use_proxy'] = 1;

Then save the file and close. I would suggest making a backup of you config file before making this changes just in case.

Now start the AO Chat Proxy. If everthing works it should give a message that says "Waiting for master bot on port 9993..." or similar.

Once you see that message, start Budabot. You can verify that it's using the AO Chat Proxy by looking at the AO Chat Proxy console logs. There will be a messages indicating that it has received a connection. You can also look in the Budabot startup logs for this message: "Connecting to AO Server...(127.0.0.1:9993)".

That should be it ;)
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Phare
antispam: Rimor

Re: AO Chat Proxy Setup for orgs with 1K+ members

Postby Phare » Fri May 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Hello,

It seems outdated the download link to aochatproxy, i've tested it last night and after a few hours of setting up it finaly started and worked but evrytime you do !orglist it restarts the bots and you get alot of errors in console. My opinion is that you forgot to update it for new patch's ?
Could you please update it to last version ?

Thanks.
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Sat May 02, 2015 1:56 am

I'm not sure I'll be able to update this. But I'll take a look and see what it will take.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Phare

Postby Phare » Sat May 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Nice, seems you guys already updated it on git, but didnt update the download link?
Couse on https://github.com/bigwheels16/AOChatProxy , seems you have a updated version for new patch.

Could you give us the newbies in the format of the first download link, i figured out how to run it but in no way i know how to compile or whatever is needed.

Thanks
Krypto

Postby Krypto » Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Phare wrote:Nice, seems you guys already updated it on git, but didnt update the download link?
Couse on https://github.com/bigwheels16/AOChatProxy , seems you have a updated version for new patch.

Could you give us the newbies in the format of the first download link, i figured out how to run it but in no way i know how to compile or whatever is needed.

Thanks

Hey Phare

Take a look at this one: http://budabot.com/forum/download/file.php?id=76

Its the one I use atm and it works just fine
Phare

Postby Phare » Fri May 15, 2015 10:47 am

Hey,

Thanks alot!

I've sent you on PM too but i'll post here maybe more ppl have issues too.

I'm using what Tyr posted on first post and replaced what what Krypto posted, seems they start evrything is allright, but i dont know how to test if its functional kinda so i used orglist for it.
Evrything works fine till i run a org with more then 1k members into !orglist
Then i get this error:
2015-05-15 13:40:48,931 ERROR [clientHandler] (ClientHandler.scala:64) - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full

And all bots restart.
If i run a 400-500 members works fine. So i guess the slaves dont actualy work ?
Maybe i need a upgraded aochatproxy too not only the tyrlib?

I dont know..
Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 15, 2015 10:57 am

Phare wrote:Hey,

Thanks alot!

I've sent you on PM too but i'll post here maybe more ppl have issues too.

I'm using what Tyr posted on first post and replaced what what Krypto posted, seems they start evrything is allright, but i dont know how to test if its functional kinda so i used orglist for it.
Evrything works fine till i run a org with more then 1k members into !orglist
Then i get this error:
2015-05-15 13:40:48,931 ERROR [clientHandler] (ClientHandler.scala:64) - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full

And all bots restart.
If i run a 400-500 members works fine. So i guess the slaves dont actualy work ?
Maybe i need a upgraded aochatproxy too not only the tyrlib?

I dont know..

What Java version are you running? MySQL or SQlite?
Phare

Postby Phare » Fri May 15, 2015 11:26 am

root@server [~]# java -version
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)
root@server [~]#

And im using MYSQL as database.
Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Weird error, your Java is up to date as well.

Try running the bots on another user than root
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Fri May 15, 2015 3:33 pm

The "queue full" exception either means that the chat proxy has incoming packets from the AO server waiting for the Budabot to read those packets, and the Budabot can't read them fast enough to keep up with the amount coming in, or it means that it has outgoing packets from the Budabot to the AO server that it hasn't sent, and it can't send them fast enough (more likely in my opinion, especially if AO is having lag issues). Without seeing the full exception stack trace it's hard to say which it is.

In any case, it's my goal to create a new AO Chat Proxy download that has all the fixes, but I haven't gotten to that yet. Even if I had tho, I don't think it would fix this issue you are having.

Return to “General”