aochatproxy running but still not seeing all members

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
Mouadiib
antispam: rimor

aochatproxy running but still not seeing all members

Postby Mouadiib » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 am

just started running the main bot for our org and had it upgraded from 3.2 > 3.3 and then from 3.3 > 3.4 with no problems. Because the org has a buddylist of over 1k members, i went ahead and installed and is currently running aochatproxy with no problems also, or at least i thought.

I logged on to see how the bot was handling to find that not all the members are being seen. So i tried the !updateorg and !restart command to see if this would fix it (Figure start with the simple fix first) but no joy. I did look in the command line that aochatproxy is running and did see an error in there which seems to be coming from the clientHandler and ChatPacketListener.

I attached the screenshots from aochatproxy and the main bot with the restart to see if there's something that you can pickout that i may need to fix or if there's any suggestions that i could try.
Attachments
mainbot.jpg
mainbot.jpg (249.91 KiB) Viewed 691 times
aochatproxy.jpg
aochatproxy.jpg (205.47 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Tyrence

Re: aochatproxy running but still not seeing all members

Postby Tyrence » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:31 pm

The aochatproxy will show errors every time the bot restarts. This is because the aochatproxy cannot tell the difference between when a user initiates a shutdown/restart on the bot, and when it does it on it's own due to disconnect or error. So those errors in the aochatproxy window aren't a problem unless they are happening when you aren't expecting them.

Can you post me the output of !system? You can edit out the top section with name, bot name, and org if you prefer. I'm interested to see what it says about the chat proxy and the buddy list.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Mouadiib

Postby Mouadiib » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Here is the screenshot of the !system
Attachments
system info.jpg
system info.jpg (79.31 KiB) Viewed 687 times
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:19 am

Based on that, everything looks good with the aochatproxy. If it wasn't, the buddy list count would say 1000/1000 or sometimes 1001/1001. And you can test this further by doing a !whois on someone who isn't an org member or guest of your bot. If it returns, then it means the buddy list still has space on it, since it uses a buddy list slot to check the online status.

So I would say the problem is specific to the character or characters who aren't showing up. How many members don't show up in !online?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Mouadiib

Postby Mouadiib » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:14 am

there are 2 (Aduntei in this case from the screenshot) however, the bot has only been up and running for a couple days now. Also checked the !friendlist and both players are showing up on the list as org members
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:55 am

OK, run this command and paste the output here:

!querysql select * from org_members_<myname> where name = "Aduntei"
Mouadiib

Postby Mouadiib » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:42 am

one of the players that wasn't showing up is now. have not heard from aduntei or seen him logged on since yesterday to see if he does yet.

had one show up today (Krolle) that didn't show up but he said that he just got that character restored by a gm last night so i told him to give it a day or so to see if it does show up. i know the database usually takes 24 hours for some characters to show up so i'm thinking this may be the case for this character in particular.

------------------

To [liljeeves]: !querysql select * from org_members_<myname> where name = "Aduntei"
[Liljeeves]: Results (1)

-------------------

To [liljeeves]: !querysql select * from org_members_<myname> where name = "krolle" [Liljeeves]: Results (1)
[Liljeeves]: SQL Error

SQL Error

near "[Liljeeves]": syntax error in: select * from org_members_liljeeves where name = "krolle" [Liljeeves]: Results (1) - Array
(
)

-------------------
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:01 pm

I need to see what the response was. It should look like this:

Code: Select all

!querysql select * from org_members_<myname> where name = "Tyrence27"

Output:

Code: Select all

Array
(
    [0] => Budabot\Core\DBRow Object
        (
            [name] => Tyrence27
            [mode] => org
            [logged_off] => 1464857885
        )

)
Mouadiib

Postby Mouadiib » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:30 am

logged in after the weekend from being away and talked with some of they guys that are in the org and are regular guests on the bot also and everyone said that everyone that has logged in has been showing up on the bot as normal.

Here is the output from the one character as requested.

Results (1)

Array
(
[0] => Budabot\Core\DBRow Object
(
[name] => Aduntei
[mode] => org
[logged_off] => 1464819999
)

)
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:09 pm

That's the output I would expect, and it seems like it's working now. I'm not sure what would have caused it not to work before.

Return to “General”