Mass message

General discussion on Budabot.
Rosss

Mass message

Postby Rosss » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 am

Hi guys!

Is there a !massmsg command floating around out there? Or some other way to send tell to all online members?

Thanks!
Tyrence
The Team

Re: Mass message

Postby Tyrence » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 am

Try !tellall -- it may or may not exist in your bot, depending on which version you are running.

It exists in older versions of Budabot but it was used so little that I removed it in newer versions.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Rosss

Postby Rosss » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Using newest release now, so it's not there. Doh! I'll keep snooping around and see if I can migrate/add that older functionality :D
Rosss

Postby Rosss » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Code: Select all

public function massmsgCommand($message, $channel, $sender, $sendto, $args) {
      $tellmsg = $args[1];
      $data = $this->db->query("SELECT name FROM online WHERE channel_type = 'priv'");
      forEach ($data as $row) {
         $this->chatBot->sendTell("Message from $sender: <yellow>$tellmsg<end>", $row->name);
      }

$sendto->reply("Your message has been sent to all online bot members.");
   }

Noob code question. Trying to adjust the code from former !tellall command. How can I modify this so that it sends tell to all online bot members, instead of just those who are in the priv channel?
Tyrence
The Team

Postby Tyrence » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Try this. I just made this module based on the code for that command. I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure it will work.
Attachments
TELLALL_MODULE.zip
(935 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Rosss

Postby Rosss » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Ah neat, thank you! I'm making you work too much at this point :) But is there a way to adjust it for raidbot use instead of guild use?
Tyrence
The Team

Postby Tyrence » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Oh in that case, the command should look like this:

public function massmsgCommand($message, $channel, $sender, $sendto, $args) {
      $tellmsg = $args[1];
      $data = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM members_<myname>");  // retrieve list of members
      forEach ($data as $row) {
         if ($this->buddylistManager->isOnline($row->name) == 1) {  // only send message if member is online
            $this->chatBot->sendTell("Message from $sender: <yellow>$tellmsg<end>", $row->name);
         }
      }

$sendto->reply("Your message has been sent to all online bot members.");
   }

Since we are now using the buddylistManager, you also need to inject that into your controller:

/** @Inject */
public $buddylistManager;

As a final note, the bot may become unresponsive while it sends these messages due to message rate limiting.
Rosss

Postby Rosss » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Awesome! Thanks buddy. Had to fix a typo in the isOnline to is_Online, then worked like a charm!

Return to “General Discussion”