outside use

General discussion on Budabot.
Solgajazz

outside use

Postby Solgajazz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 am

how do i configure the bot to keep people not in the org or guest chat from using the bot?

Thanks in advance :)
Tyrence
The Team

Re: outside use

Postby Tyrence » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:04 am

It's been a while since I've even looked at Budabot and I don't know it like I used to. However, I believe the answer to your question is that you have to set the access level for each command. Commands with access level "All" can be used by anyone. So you'd want to set all your commands to at least "Member" and it would be a little bit tedious. I do not think there is a command that will set them all for you, although it would be easy for someone to write a command to do this. That being said, the default access levels are already set so that people can't get any character or org information from the bot. So for instance, by default, anyone can use the !calc command on a default Budabot, but not anyone can use the !online command.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases

Return to “General Discussion”