Some weird happening with 3.5_GA

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
Montez

Some weird happening with 3.5_GA

Postby Montez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 am

Heya

I had my org download and run 3.5_GA as an org bot when our bot died recently and it's been acting very strangely, I will note that I run the same version myself in my farm org and experience none of these happenings, Not sure of the OS the org bot is running on atm because I do not run it personally.

First issue is !whois and !is seems to only work to show infos on our current org members when we try to whois someone from outside the org nothing happens at all, the person running the bot says the error msg says that the friendslist has exceeded 1000 and he has to clean the list to get it to function correctly again but within 10 minutes it needs to be cleaned again over and over.

I do not experience the problem with the bot I run for my farm org and I whois all day long.

New issues arose tonight and I'll note we've ran this bot for 3 days now without these issues I'm about to list.

City cloak notification to raise the CC just stopped working as in broadcasting in org chat we manually now have to do !city to see the timer, Whenever someone logs in it no longer shows them logging in, when we do !online it shows 0 online all the time now - these issues just started about 3 hours ago out of nowhere, The bot wasn't rebooted and no changes were made to it at all.

I also have yet to experience these problems with the bot I run for my farm org.

I can update this post with what OS my president runs who is hosting the org bot, My farm org bot runs on a Win 7 Box though.
Tyrence

Re: Some weird happening with 3.5_GA

Postby Tyrence » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 am

Can you or someone with at least moderator access on the bot do !system, and then copy/paste the values for these three stats:

Code: Select all

Characters on the friendlist: 120/120
Characters in the private channel: 13
Guild members: 109

It should be in the 6th paragraph/group from the top.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Montez

Postby Montez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 am

Characters on the friendlist: 0 / 719
Characters in the private channel: 0
Guild members: 1841
Montez

Postby Montez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 am

The bot just did a complete org roster update on it's own and now these stats appear

Characters on the friendlist: 1001 / 1719
Characters in the private channel: 0
Guild members: 1841
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:17 pm

So the problem is that the maximum number of friends that a character can have on the friends list is 1000 due to limits set by FC. The bot uses the friends list to track online status for guild members. !is and !whois use the buddy list to check the online status of a player, but since there is no more room on the buddy list, those commands fail. The 1001 / 1719 means that it tried to add 1719 characters to the buddy list, but only 1000 were added (1000 that were added plus 1 that it tried to add but couldn't).

Because you have more than 1000 guild members, you will need to use Budabot in conjunction with the AO Chat Proxy (see: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1227).

The other option would be to remove the members from your org that are no longer active until you are under the 1000 character threshold.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Montez

Postby Montez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 am

That worked thanks and the other listed problem corrected themselves.

Return to “General”