How to relay more than 2 bots

Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports
Jeann
antispam: Rimor

How to relay more than 2 bots

Postby Jeann » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 pm

When ever i attempt to relay more then 2 orgs together the first org is always dropped. How do i relay 3 orgs together?
Jeann
antispam: Rimor

Re: How to relay more than 2 bots

Postby Jeann » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Soo anyone able to help me? Been trying to relay 3 orgs together so all the other 2 orgs show up in the first org's chat but cant figure it you.
Rosss

Postby Rosss » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 am

I relay my various orgs thru private group.

I have a separate bot that acts a a hub. All the org bots are set to relay via privategroup, and to that bot. The hub bot is not part of any org, and I add the other bots to the hub as members or users or whatever (been a while since I set it up so can't remember the exact commands).

When they all boot up the hub auto-invites the others bots to it's private channel, which they then join and all gets relayed according to settings.

Hope that's of some help to you.

I know it can also be done via IRC, and my 'hub' bot isn't stictly necessary since one of the org bots can act as hub i believe.
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 am

I thought I had a post somewhere describing how to do this, but I guess not.

As Rosss says, you need an extra bot to be the master relay bot, or the "hubbot". If you have bot1, bot2 and bot3 that you want to relay, then you will do /tell hubbot !adduser bot1 for all three bots(not the hubbot). Then for each bot (except the hubbot) do /tell bot1 !config RELAY_MODULE and make sure the relay bot setting is set to the name of your hubbot, and that the relay type is set to private channel. Then restart all the bots and it should work.

Note: As Rosss says, one of the bots can act as a the hubbot if you don't need to use it's private channel for anything, but that is slightly more complex to set up. But basically you just do the same commands you'd do on the hubbot on the bot you want to act as the hubbot.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases
Team_Eli

Postby Team_Eli » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi J,

I'm on RK2, and play from 6PM GMT to 12 PM GMT most nights of the week, more on weekends.

If you want any help on this, happy to oblige. Can even log one of my old alts on RK1.

Eli.

In case your wondering.. I'm the one with the beard...
Kinnik
antispam: rimor

Postby Kinnik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm

If you set up your bots to relay thru a "hub-bot" do your relayed bots still operate as org-bots with members in org channel and guests in private channel, etc. ... all as separate bots? Or, does this set-up result in folks seeing all three org channels?

Kinnik
Tyrence

Postby Tyrence » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm not sure that I understand the question. When you set up a relay the bots still work as they always have, with the additional functionality of the relaying of the org and guest channels of each bot to each other bot.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine
"Nearly all men stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln
Budabot Releases and Downloads: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases

Return to “General”