1) Install Java if you don't already have it installed
2) Download and extract AOChatProxy from link above
3) Edit config.properties file with appropriate information
You will now need to edit the Budabot config. First, configure Budabot as you normally would. Then, make these changes:
Find this line in your config file (./conf/config.php):
$vars['use_proxy'] = 0;
Change to this:
$vars['use_proxy'] = 1;
Then save the file and close. I would suggest making a backup of your config file before making this change just in case.
Now start the AO Chat Proxy by calling run.sh (Linux) or run.bat (Windows). If everthing works it should print a message that says "Ready to accept a master bot on port 9993".
Once you see that message, start Budabot. You can verify that it's using the AO Chat Proxy by looking at the AO Chat Proxy console logs. There will be a messages indicating that it has received a connection. You can also look in the Budabot startup logs for this message: "Connecting to AO Server...(127.0.0.1:9993)".
If you are upgrading, you should just delete the previous version and install this version (I recommend making a backup of the old version until you are sure the new version will work for you)
There are three main differences from the previous version, with #3 being extremely important, especially to anyone who has used a previous version:
1) You know longer need to use a patched version of TyrLib. This version of AOChatProxy includes the fix.
2) chatbot.properties is now called config.properties
3) the main bot credentials are no longer configured in config.properties or anywhere in AOChatProxy. Only enter the info of the bots you want as slaves in the config.properties file. Whatever character the Budabot is using when it connects to the AO Chat Proxy is what will be used as the main bot.
Regarding #3, here's an example: I have an org with 2500 characters, so I need 3 bots (1 main bot + 2 slave bots) since each bot can support a maximum of 1000 characters on friends list. My org bot is "Gimli" and it will be the main bot. I will configure the user/pass/character in the Budabot config file (conf/config.php). I will configure "Aragorn" and "Legolas" as slave bots. In the AOChatProxy config.properties file, I will enter the user/pass/character info for both "Aragorn" and "Legolas". I will set "Aragorn" as slave1, and "Legolas" as slave2 (I will need to add "slave2_username", "slave2_password", and "slave2_characterName" fields to the config.properties file).
Code: Select all
Code: Select all
$vars['login'] = "username";
$vars['password'] = "password";
$vars['name'] = "Gimli";